The new R5T Team Edition represents the state of the art of 3.5 cc off road racing engine. Based on REDS R5T, the new engine is equipped with the best technology to further improve fuel consumption, performance and reliability. The main features of Team Edition are: backplate with special anti-friction coating, hybrid ceramic rear bearing and special Team Tuning.
Hard coating backplate
The new backplate is refined with a special anti-friction hard coating RDC. This coating allows to decrease conrod-backplate friction improving engine efficiency and performance.
The engine comes with all Swiss Made ball bearings. The new steel-ceramic hybrid rear bearing ensure longer life and low friction at high temperatures.
Each R5T Team Edition engine component is refined to minimize mechanical friction and improve internal fluid dynamics. Each engine is controlled personally by Mario Rossi, and comes with Quality Control Certificate.
Thanks to the ABC cylinder configuration, 5 inlet ports and exhaust port with boosters, the engine provides maximum power at each rpm and ensures low fuel consumption.
The new REDS R5T is extremely light! With 348 grams of weight is one of the lightest engines in its class. The engine has been completely redesigned to save even further weight, maintaining high performance and reliability.
Our latest generation crankshaft is balanced with high density weights. Silicone filling reduces the inertia to rotation. Through the use of special steel and heat treatment, the component is particularly strong and surprisingly reliable.
New cooling system
The new engine is designed for maximum performance in terms of cooling, with a new ultra-finned crankcase and new cooled combustion chamber.
All our off-road engines use flat pistons matched to a specific combustion chamber for high performance and low consumption. Made from a high strength aluminium bar, our piston is a true masterpiece of engineering.
Lightweight, durable and reliable, this is the standard quality of our connecting rod. The slim shape is designed to minimize aerodynamic friction. The double bush technology ensures high reliability.
Team Edition Feature
- The DLC (Diamond Like Coating, they call it RDC) backplate hard coating, guarantee lower friction between conrod and backplate, providing lower energy loss.
- The ceramic rear ball bearing guarantee longer life and lower friction.
- The team tuning goal is to provide a better surface finishing in particular inside and outside of the sleeve. This provides "inside" lower piston/sleeve friction and "outside" better fluid danimics. All ports will have the same shape. The crankshaft is rebalanced by hand.
- Crankshaft given more attention to perfection, higher polish inside and out.
- New head imprint branded as Team Edition
- Each unit is hand signed and an official certificate of quality control and authenticity is provided with each engine that is signed by Mario Rossi
- RDC backplate
- Hand balanced and modified crank by Mario Rossi
- Ultra-light, only 348g;
- 5 Ports hard chromed liner;
- CNC machined billet piston;
- New separated and cooled combustion chamber;
- Lightweight cooling head;
- 14mm crankshaft;
- Knife edged aerodynamic connecting rod;
- All Swiss Made ball bearings;
- New long needle composite slide carburetor.
- Mario Rossi signed Certificate of Authenticity
- Displacement: 3,5 cc
- Bore: 16,26 mm
- Stroke: 16,80 mm
- Weight: 348 g
- Front Bearing Dim: 7x19x6
- Rear Bearing Dim: 15x25.4x6
- Recommended Pipe: EFRA 2099, 2069