In 2008, the AX10™ axle was used in the launch of the SCX10™ chassis
platform. While developing the next iteration of axles such as the AR60,
the thought process began on what kind of axle would be best for the
future of the SCX10™. Axial’s development of a new axle needed to
feature three key design points. First, an axle housing to visually
quench the thirst of scale enthusiasts. Second, a gear set with the
technical attributes to overcome the torque twist often associated with
smaller gear sets. Third, the axle itself needed to retain the
durability associated with the SCX10™, despite being delivered in a
smaller axle housing. After seven years of utilizing the original AX10™
axle and two years of development, Axial is proud to introduce our newly
developed AR44 axle with the industry's first high pinion gear set. The
next chapter of the Axial SCX10™ begins with scale realism backed with
true technological development!
• High pinion gears for added ground clearance & better driveshaft angles
• The high pinion design allows increased gear surface contact for increased durability
• Larger load bearings used around the gear set to reduce flex and create a stronger drivetrain
• Single piece axle housing for added strength
• 1-piece all-metal locker front and rear
• Small pumpkin for increased clearance and a more realistic, scale look
• Bolt on link mounts
• Knuckle carriers and straight axle adapters have a better mounting system with 10-degree increment adjustments
Optimized gear ratio – 3.75 compared to 2.92 previously. This reduces
torque twist which is typically seen with other small pumpkin axle
The pinion gear is 6mm above center, this allows for added ground
clearance and better driveshaft angles. The high pinion design has an
increased surface contact for increased durability. Optimized gear ratio
– 3.75 compared the previous at 2.92 – this reduces torque twist at the
axle which is typically seen with other small pumpkin axle designs.
Metal gears are standard – One piece gear/locker design in strong metal
for the main ring gear. The smaller pinion is HD machine cut. Larger
load bearings used around the gear set to reduce flex and create a
The AR44™ axle
was designed for both aesthetics and functionality. To improve upon the
older AX10™ axle, we designed the steering components with an 8 degree
kingpin angle which results in a positive scrub radius. Making this
change to the pivot point means less tire scrub for steering efficiency
and less load on the steering servo.
• 8 degree kingpin angle
• Improved scrub radius over the AX10™ axle
The Axial AE-5L ESC is 3S LiPo capable yet easily switched “in the
field” between LiPo and NiMh battery types with a simple jumper – no
more complex procedures.
• LED Light controller built-in with dual LED outputs for headlights/taillights.
• Male Star Plug lead - compatible with the most common polarized plug.
• Jumper 1 provides a simple plug and play choice between LiPo or NiMh.
• Jumper 2 switches Drag Brake settings.
• Waterproof design with Star Plug / laser etched heat sink.
LED LEADS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OUR OLD LED LIGHT STRINGS, or THIRD PARTY
LED LIGHT STRINGS. Connecting your old LED light strings to these leads
will cause damage to the AE-5L ESC and the light strings.