Battles can be won or lost in the “famed Octagon” and JConcepts
pulled a ringer into the fight with an innovative 2.2” buggy race tire.
When it comes to high-bite, slick tire racing, look no further than the
Octagons. At the appropriate time, and less tread is an advantage,
vehicles can be tough to drive. The beauty of the Octagons lay just
beneath the surface where JConcepts has removed a little surface area in
the geometry based pattern.
The carcass is new, slightly more round than JConcepts slick tires of
the past and incorporates heavy X-pattern style inner ribbing for
increased support. The continuous thickness carcass is light-weight and
utilizes the industry standard 2.2” mounting bead. Like the name
suggests, the embossed tread which is Octagon shaped is repeated and
overlapped to form a subculture of grippy surface edges for dry or
The main surface of the tire has the reliable slick and smooth
surface which grips conditions as expected from a JConcepts tire. The
Octagons are available in green, black and indoor clay, gold compounds
to match just about any racing surface. Each package includes the
Dirt-Tech insert, popularized by its durable nature and gray color,
provides customers the combo package they have been waiting for from
JConcepts innovative tread pattern
Embossed Octagon design for versatility
Light-weight carcass design
2.2” mounting bead diameter
Inner X-pattern ribbing for support
Available in green, black and gold compounds
Includes Dirt-Tech inserts
- White (Medium): For High Temperature, Outdoor Racing. Intended for use on abrasive tracks.
- Blue (Soft): All purpose compound. Excels in dusty, low bite conditions.
- Orange (Soft): Intended for Black/Blue Groove conditions. Excels on Dry, High Temperature Tracks
- Gold (Indoor Soft): Developed for indoor Clay surfaces.
- Silver (Super Soft Indoor): Similar to gold, but softer. Breaks in faster, recommended on freshly groomed tracks or when a faster break in is needed.
- Green (Super Soft): For conditions with minimum traction. Works well on slippery, wet tracks.
- Black (Mega Soft): Recommended for conditions 59° and under, or extremely loose conditions.
- Red (Medium Soft): For high groove traction with broken sections. Excels on grippy surfaces that have taken rubber.
- Aqua: For ultra dry, dusty groove conditions. Suited to hot weather and abrasive tracks.