The Serpent Viper 989 is the latest development of Serpent on the 1/8
Serpent has been the driving force for decades and the Viper 989 is the
latest interpretation of a high performance race car based on that
experience, combined with the latest insights on weight, weight
distribution and flex.
- Ultra-narrow chassis with improved flex characteristics.
- Carbon weight bridge which is mounted in anti-vibration rubbers.
- The central weight bridge allows the use of max 3 weights
- One-piece plastic radio mount is replaced by a 2-piece aluminum construction
- Rear bulkheads are now also connected to the rear plate to improve the stiffness
- Brake now features a 2.5mm thick disc
- A new shorter internal gear ratio of 2.4 helps acceleration
- Completely new gearbox has less inertia than the one from the 988
- New tank seal keeps a higher pressure