on its ultra-successful predecessor, XRAY proudly presents the new
RX8E. The new electric kit incorporates the latest improvements and
refinements of the RX8 platform developed by the team and race-proven in
high-competition races around the world.
2019 All-new Features
- All-new narrower chassis with new rear end geometry improves traction
- All-new lower rear suspension holders shift the rear arms 2.5mm inward for improved geometry
- All-new steel extension plates for the rear suspension arms update the
shock mounting geometry to work with the new narrow inner pivot location
- All-new rear shock tower and upper arm holders to work with narrower rear bulkhead positions
- New extended rear steel turnbuckles and upper ball joints to work with new narrow rear end
- New longer rear pivot balls combined with the narrower inner pivot
location update the rear suspension geometry for improved traction
- All-new rear solid axle shaft and composite pulley for the new narrow rear end configuration
- All-new front and rear bulkheads redesigned to work with new composite
anti-roll bar bushings to extend the life of the bulkheads and eliminate
- All-new anti-roll bar adapters with less play
- All-new front and rear wire anti-roll bars
new chassis is updated for the narrowed rear suspension configuration.
The rear bulkheads are mounted 8.4mm closer together. The rear arm
mounts move the inner pivot pins 2.5mm closer together, which combined
with the bulkhead placement generates more rear traction and improves
the stability of the car.
- The chassis also features a unique, innovative front flex adjustment using a removable aluminum brace.
chassis is narrower to increase chassis flex and generate more traction
and steering. The narrower chassis also prevents chassis rub during
cornering to help eliminate the feel of the car ‘stopping‘ in
- Adjustable weight positions on both sides of the chassis offer quick & easy weight balance adjustment.
- The aluminum bulkheads provide optimal stiffness & flex for better steering characteristics, even with hard spec tires.
super-lightweight Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum bulkheads have a very clean
and lightweight design to give the lowest weight and CG, and still allow
quick access to the driveline components for reduced maintenance
front bulkheads have been redesigned to fit the new composite bushings
for the anti-roll bar bearings that eliminate the wear of the bulkhead.
bulkheads are CNC-machined from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum to
provide the lightest & strongest framework for the car.
all-new rear lower suspension mounts allows the rear lower arms to be
moved closer together by 2.5mm for improved traction as well as the
stability of the car.
- The front & rear suspension holders are
fully independent from the bulkheads, mounted directly to the chassis
to increase traction and make the car easier to drive.
suspension mounts are CNC-machined from premium Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum
to provide the lightest & strongest framework for the car.
rear suspension extensions update the shock mounting positions to match
the new rear suspension pivot pin and arm locations.
- Both front & rear extensions are made from laser-cut steel and additionally black coated for improved durability.
Rear Upper Arm Holders
graphite upper arm holders feature new positions for the eccentric
bushings that position the upper pins 2.5mm narrower to work with the
new rear lower arm mount position.
- The rear upper arm holders are
machined from strong 3.5mm graphite material for optimal flex of the
rear suspension. Both front & rear mounts are attached to the rear
upper bulkhead clamps.
rear shock tower was redesigned to mount to the new rear narrower
bulkheads and to compliment the updated suspension geometry.
front & rear shock towers have updated shock mounting positions.
The towers are made from thick 3mm graphite material for maximum
Front Wire Anti-roll Bars
front wire anti-roll bar was redesigned to work with the new adjustable
system that allows easier adjustment of the bar as well as remove any
excess play from the system.
- The RX8E includes both wire & blade-style front anti-roll bars for freedom of choice based on track conditions.
wire anti-roll bar is used to increase steering response on small,
technical tracks. The wire bar is mounted to the bulkheads from the
outside to allow quick & easy changes and adjustment. The wire bar
turns in ball-bearings for maximum precision and freedom of movement.
Anti-roll bar height can be adjusted quickly & easily.
Rear Anti-roll Bars
rear wire anti-roll bar was redesigned to work with the new adjustable
system which allows easier adjustment of the bar and reduces play.
rear 2.8mm anti-roll bar helps to reduce rear chassis roll. The roll
bar turns in ball-bearings for maximum precision and freedom of
movement. For fine tuning, optional wires of different thickness are
available. Anti-roll bar height is adjustable via a screw… quick &