The Ellipse, named after the center bar built into the tread, is a
compliment to successful tires such as the Dirt Webs and Space Bars. The
“Web” style tire was built to compete on smooth high-grip indoor and
outdoor surfaces which require a finely detailed connected bar pattern.
The center section of the tire is a home run utilizing a diamond “home
plate” footprint to provide massive forward bite and increased
longevity. The web of extensions are unique and have a directional touch
giving the racer the ultimate tune-ability.
The Dirt Web tire was originally released during the 2013 racing
season and debuted in spectacular fashion with a win at the CRCRC
Midwest Championships. Since that time, the Dirt Webs have been an
industry leader for indoor performance and often chosen as a control
tire for performance, reliability and consistency. During 2016, the
Space Bars were introduced to a victory at the 1/10th Off-Road Nationals
in the hands of Ryan Maifield in the 4wd modified class.
Jason Ruona explains, “The Ellipse has a slightly tighter carcass, it
allows the driver to attack high-speed sections with more comfort. The
“home plate” and connected web of tread has more stability high-speed
and holds the tire together for today’s high-powered vehicles. Connected
tread wears significantly better which is useful racing indoors where a
racer can break-in and race with the same pair all weekend.”
The Ellipse has already won a Stock National title in the hands of
Matthew Gonzalez at the 2019 JConcepts Stock Nationals at OCRC Raceway.
The compound of choice for most indoor events, the exclusive gold
compound, has shown to produce consistent results for racers week after
week. Now, the Ellipse is also available in the traditional favorites,
blue, green and black compound. Included in each package, the Dirt-Tech
closed cell inserts known for their durable nature and gray color
complete the race tuned package.
Designed in conjunction with World Champions Ryan Maifield, Spencer Rivkin and Ryan Cavalieri
Ellipse center-bar control and support
Diamond “home plate” design with extension webs
2.2” bead mounting size for compatibility
Available in multiple compounds
Includes Dirt-Tech Closed cell foam inserts
- White (Medium): For High Temperature, Outdoor Racing. Intended for use on abrasive tracks.
- Blue (Soft): All purpose compound. Excels in dusty, low bite conditions.
- Orange (Soft): Intended for Black/Blue Groove conditions. Excels on Dry, High Temperature Tracks
- Gold (Indoor Soft): Developed for indoor Clay surfaces.
- Silver (Super Soft Indoor): Similar to gold, but softer. Breaks in faster, recommended on freshly groomed tracks or when a faster break in is needed.
- Green (Super Soft): For conditions with minimum traction. Works well on slippery, wet tracks.
- Black (Mega Soft): Recommended for conditions 59° and under, or extremely loose conditions.
- Red (Medium Soft): For high groove traction with broken sections. Excels on grippy surfaces that have taken rubber.
- Aqua: For ultra dry, dusty groove conditions. Suited to hot weather and abrasive tracks.